Every List Page has an Actions Menu that is accessible via the Actions button.
With this actions button it is possible to optimize the List Page to your own preferences.
Select Columns is used to modify the columns that are displayed on the list page. The columns on the right (Display in Report) will be displayed. The columns on the left (Do Not Display) are hidden. You can reorder the displayed columns using the up and down arrows on the far right. Computed columns are prefixed with **.
When you want to save the new selected columns as a default view of the list page, please see 'Save Report' below.
Focuses the report by adding or modifying the
WHERE clause on the query. You can filter on a column or by row.
A filter can be used to filter a column on a value. This can be done on a column or by row. If you filter by column, select a column (it does not need to be one that is displayed), select a standard Oracle operator (=, !=, not in, between), and enter an expression to compare against. Expressions are case sensitive. Use % as a wild card (for example %dam will show results ending in -dam)
If you filter by row, you can create complex
WHERE clauses using column aliases and any Oracle functions or operators (for example,
G = 'VA' or G = 'CT', where
G is the alias for
|Operator (general)||Description||Operator (date)||Description||Operator (revenue)||Description|
|=||Is equal to||=||Is equal to||=||Is equal to|
|!=||Is not equal to||>||Is smaller than||=!||Is not equal to|
|is null||Is empty||>=||Is smaller than or equal to||>||Is smaller than|
|is not null||Is not empty||<||Is bigger than||>=||Is smaller than or equal to|
|like||Same as||<=||Is bigger than or equal to||<||Is bigger than|
|is not like||Not Same as||is null||Is empty||<=||Is bigger than or equal to|
|in||multiple values||is not null||Is not empty||is null||Is empty|
|not in||multiple values not in||is in the last||is within the last date||is not null||Is not empty|
|contains||Expression is within||is not in the last||is not within the last date||like||Same as|
|does not contain||Expression is not within||is in the next||multiple values||not like||Not Same as|
|matches regular expression||sequence of characters that defines a search pattern||is not in the next||multiple values not in||in||multiple values|
|contains||Expression is within||not in||multiple values not in|
|between||Date is between X and Y||contains||Expression is within|
|does not contain||Expression is not within|
|matches regular expression||sequence of characters that defines a search pattern|
|between||Amount is between X and Y|
Rows Per Page
Sets the number of records to display per page.
Format - Sort
Used to change the columns to sort on and determines whether to sort in ascending or descending order. You can also specify how to handle empty columns (NULLS). The default setting always displays
NULLs last or always display them first. The resulting sorting displays to the right of column headings in the report.
Format - Control break
Used to create a break group on one or several columns. This pulls the columns out of the interactive report and displays them as a master record.
Format - Highlight
Enables you to define a filter. The rows that meet the filter criteria display as highlighted using the characteristics associated with the filter. Options include:
- Name is used only for display.
- Sequence identifies the sequence in which the rules are evaluated (with 10 having a higher priority than 20).
- Enabled identifies if a rule is enabled or disabled.
- Highlight Type identifies whether the row or cell should be highlighted. If Cell is selected, the column referenced in the Highlight Condition is highlighted.
- Background Color is the new color for the background of the highlighted area.
- Text Color is the new color for the text in the highlighted area.
- Highlight Condition defines your filter condition.
- See operators for more information about different filter options
Format - Compute
Enables you to add computed columns to your report. These can be mathematical computations (for example,
NBR_HOURS/24) or standard Oracle functions applied to existing columns. Some display as examples and others (such as
TO_DATE)can also be used). Options include:
- Computation, enables you to select a previously defined computation to edit.
- Column Label, is the column label (name) for the new column.
- Format, is an Oracle format mask to be applied against the column (for example,S9999).
- Computation Expression, is the computation to be performed. Within the computation, columns are referenced using the aliases displayed.
Below computation expression, the columns in your query display with their associated alias. Clicking on the column name or alias includes them in the Computation. Next to Columns is a keypad. This keypad functions as a shortcut to commonly used keys. On the far right are Functions.
The following example computation demonstrates how to display total compensation:
CASE WHEN A = 'SALES' THEN B + C ELSE B END
(where A is ORGANIZATION, B is SALARY and C is COMMISSION)
Format - Aggregate
Aggregates are mathematical computations performed against a column. Aggregates display after each control break and at the end of the report within the column they are defined. Options include:
- Aggregation enables you to select a previously defined aggregation to edit.
- Function is the function to be performed (for example, SUM, MIN).
- Column is used to select the column to apply the mathematical function to. Only numeric columns display.
Format - Chart
You can define one chart per saved report. Once defined, you can switch between the chart and report views using view icons the Search bar. Options include:
- Chart Type, identifies the chart type to include. Select from horizontal bar, line with area, pie, or line.
- Label, enables you to select the column to be used as the label.
- Axis Title for Label, is the title that displays on the axis associated with the column selected for Label. This is not available for pie charts.
- Value, enables you to select the column to be used as the value. If your function is a COUNT, a Value does not need to be selected.
- Axis Title for Value, is the title that displays on the axis associated with the column selected for Value. This is not available for pie charts.
- Function, is an optional function to be performed on the column selected for Value.
- Orientation, allows you to select the orientation of the chart.
- Sort, allows you to sort your result set.
Format - Group By
You can define one Group By view per saved report. Once defined, you can switch between the group by and report views using view icons on the Search bar. To create a Group By view, you select:
- the columns on which to group
- the columns to aggregate along with the function to be performed (average, sum, count, etc.)
- Functions, used to defined the function that is to be performed
- Column, defines the column over which the function is performed
- Label, the name of the 'Group By Function'
- Format, the format of the function
- Sum, used to sum up the results of the function
If any of the previous options have been applied to the overview page these options can be saved. There are 2 options available when saving a custom report. Public and Private.
Resets the report back to the default settings, removing any customizations that you have made.
Shows help text for the different options of the overview page
Enables the current result set to be downloaded. The download formats differ depending upon your installation and report definition but may include CSV, HTML, Email, XLS, PDF, or RTF.